The XXIX International Conference on Neutrino Physics and Astrophysics was an entirely online conference from June 22 to July 2, 2020
In light of the present COVID-19 worldwide crisis and after carefully considering all options, it was decided that Neutrino 2020 would be held as an online-only conference. The conference was held 1/2 days on Monday through Thursday from June 22-July 2, 2020 and included both plenary talks and poster sessions.
The Neutrino 2020 conference included 4,350 registrants from 67 countries on all 7 continents. The conference featured 79 talks and 532 posters. During the conference, 3,469 unique visitors attended the plenary talks in addition to 3,450 unique visitors who experienced the innovative Neutrino 2020 virtual reality platform. The conference generated 5,800 YouTube views of conference posters, 23,078 communications on Slack, and 62,000 visits to the Neutrino 2020 website.
The biannual Neutrino conference is a vital, regular milestone for our field and an important opportunity for our early career colleagues. For these reasons it was considered imperative to hold a Neutrino conference in the summer of 2020. Although disappointed to not be welcoming attendees to Chicago, the organizers hoped that an online-only event would maintain the great features of this conference series and also be an opportunity for some innovation.
List of Topics
|Neutrino Oscillations||Neutrino Mass Measurements|
|Neutrino Interactions||Solar Neutrinos|
|Theory of Neutrino Masses, Mixing, Leptogenesis, and BSM||Neutrino Cosmology|
|Accelerator Neutrinos||Future Accelerator-based Experiments and Facilities|
|Astrophysical Neutrinos||Dark Matter and BSM Physics|
|Neutrinoless Double Beta Decay||Underground Facilities|
|Sterile Neutrinos||Long Baseline Experiments|
|Neutrino Theory||Leptonic CP-violation|
|Atmospheric Neutrinos||Supernova Neutrinos|
There were multiple ways to experience Neutrino 2020. Registration was required but free.
• Talks: Listening to plenary talks from top researchers presenting the latest results in neutrino physics. Instructions on how to connect were emailed to registrants. Neutrino 2020 talks are also available on Zenodo.
• Posters: Browsing through more than 500 posters and voting for the best.
• Virtual Reality: Getting immersed in a virtual poster session, interacting with poster presenters, visiting social rooms, and enjoying some virtual sight-seeing.
Timeline for the Conference
- July 23, 2020 CERN Courier article
- July 17, 2020 Symmetry Magazine
- June 20, 2020 The first set of posters is available for viewing. Many come with 2-minute summary videos. Check them out!
- June 19, 2020 Test out the Neutrino 2020 Virtual Reality platform. A few Virtual Reality rooms are accessible now if you would like to get familiar with the environment.
- June 17, 2020 Media advisory
- June 17, 2020 First informational email sent to registrants of the virtual conference.
- June 16, 2020 Registration for the online conference has been extended until July 2.
- June 9, 2020 Deadline for uploading posters has been extended until June 15.
- June 3, 2020 Full timetable for the conference is now available.
- May 13, 2020 Registration for the online conference is now open, poster instructions have been updated, duration of the conference has been announced, and a block schedule is available. Registration deadline is June 8.
- May 4, 2020 We are adding a one week grace period for people who may need more time to prepare their abstracts under the present circumstances. Poster abstracts will be accepted until May 8, 2020.
- April 14, 2020 Because of the present COVID-19 worldwide crisis, Neutrino 2020 will be held as an online-only conference with an online poster session.
- March 30, 2020 The poster submission deadline has been extended to May 1, 2020.
- March 18, 2020 The organizers of Neutrino 2020 are paying close attention to the global and local impacts of COVID-19. We are presently considering a range of options including hosting the conference in Chicago if the situation allows, postponing the conference, organizing a remote-only event, or canceling the conference. No decision has been made at this point. Thank you for your patience and understanding.
- February 19, 2020 Join the Neutrino2020 Slack workspace to connect with other conference participants!
- February 17, 2020 A preliminary block schedule for the conference is available here.
- January 1, 2020 Poster abstract submission is now open.
- December 20, 2019 Second bulletin.
- October 7, 2019 First bulletin.
- October 7, 2019 Registration is now open. For more information, please visit the registration page.