Transportation to and from Chicago O'Hare Airport or Midway Airport is available by limousine, taxi or car rental. There is no public transportation to Fermilab.
- Airports Serving Chicago: www.flychicago.com
- Limousine service to Fermilab
Reservations for limousine service should be made in advance when possible. West Suburban Limousine: 1-800-345-LIMO or 630-668-9600. For pickup instructions after your arrival at O'Hare Airport or Midway Airport, call 1-800-942-LIMO.
- Car Rental
All of the usual rental companies (Hertz, Avis, Budget, National, etc.) are located at the airports. For the best price, we recommend Ace Rent-a-Car at O'Hare Airport, telephone 1-800-243-3443 or 847-297-3350, as their prices are competitive and include the cost of insurance.
Detailed maps of Fermilab.
Fermilab is located in Batavia, Illinois, about 45 miles West from Chicago.
- From Chicago
- From Chicago, travel west on the Eisenhower (I-290) to I-88 (80 cents) Exit I-88 at the Farnsworth exit, north or right (60 cents). Farnsworth becomes Kirk Road. Follow Kirk Road to Pine Street. Turn right at Pine Street, Fermilab's main entrance.
- From O'Hare Airport
- From O'Hare, take I-90 east toward Chicago. After just a couple of miles, take I-294 south, toward Indiana (80 cents) From I-294 take the exit to I-88, the east-west tollway, toward Aurora (80 cents). From I-88, take the Farnsworth exit (60 cents). Turn north onto Farnsworth. Farnsworth becomes Kirk Road. Follow Kirk Road to Pine Street. Turn right on Pine Street, the Main Entrance to Fermilab. Come to Wilson Hall, the High Rise, you'll see it sticking up off the prairie.
- From Midway Airport
- Take Cicero Avenue North to the Stevenson Expressway South (I-55) to I-355 North (toward Northern Suburbs). Take I-355 to the East-West tollway (I-88). Take I-88 West for approximately 10 miles to the Farnsworth North Exit and turn right. Travel 2.9 miles to the Pine Street entrance to the Fermilab site.
- Parking will be available free of charge in the Fermilab Parking Lot .