13th Annual NNN International Workshop
The primary purpose of this series of workshops is to discuss future detectors for research on neutrino physics and nucleon decays. Following the successful format of the previous workshops, the workshop will consist of invited plenary talks, a small number of contributed talks, and posters, addressing the topics below.
The 13th annual international workshop on Next Generation Nucleon Decay and Neutrino Detectors will be hosted by Fermi National Accelerator Laboratory, on site, in Batavia, IL, USA. This workshop series rotates between Europe, Japan, and the USA, to gather researchers from around the world to exchange ideas about future detectors for neutrinos and nucleon decays.
The workshop will focus on the next generation detectors and detector R&D for:
- Proton decay
- High Intensity Neutrino Beam
- Supernova Neutrinos
- Solar Neutrinos
- Atmospheric Neutrinos
- Reactor Neutrinos
- Large Detectors R&D
- Neutron-AntiNeutron Oscillation
- Neutrinoless Double Beta Decay
- Magnetic Moments
- Neutrino Interactions
NNN workshop participants are invited to attend a special one day symposium planned by the LBNE collaboration. The session will be held on October 3, 2012, one day before the workshop. The symposium will consist of a series of talks about the status of LBNE. The talks will be followed by discussions regarding potential international partnerships and the impact on the science program. This will be first of many such discussions that will be held over the next few years as construction on LBNE starts. For more information click here.
Community Planning Meeting, CPM2012
Formerly known as Snowmass, the 2012 Community Planning Meeting, will be held at Fermilab on October 11-13, 2012, one week after the workshop.For more information click here.
- Poster & Talk Submission has been extended!
- Online Registration is now Closed, but can be done in person upon arrival.
- Poster & Talk Submission Deadline: Sept 28, 2012
- Registration Deadline: Sept 26, 2012
- International LBNE Symposium: Oct 3, 2012
- Workshop Dates are Oct 4 - 6, 2012
- CPM2012: Oct 11 - 13, 2012
- Fermilab Today article: NNN12 workshop pushes bounds of particle detector technology
- Next Generation Nucleon Decay and Neutrino Detectors
- October 4-6
- The 2012 international workshop on Next Generation Nucleon Decay and Neutrino Detectors will be hosted by Fermilab, in Batavia, IL, USA. NNN12 is the 13th annual workshop in a rotating series to gather scientists from around the world to discuss future detectors for research on neutrino physics and nucleon decays.
- Printable Size
- Click on the poster for a full size version.